We Helped This Painting Contractor Get Qualified Leads From Their Website
This case study involves an anonymized painting contractor in a major market with lots of competition. Before we started working with this client, they received little to no leads from organic Google traffic. They got leads strictly from PPC (Pay-per-click), third-party sites like Yelp and Home Advisor, and word-of-mouth.
Before We Worked With Them
- Not ranking anywhere near the top of Google in their main city or neighborhoods. For many of these keywords, they weren’t even in the top 100 results when we began.
- They wanted to rank in other more lucrative cities within the metro area, because the jobs would be more profitable.
- The website had already been in place for over a year.
While We Worked With Them
We did a three-month campaign with this well-established painting contractor. We made improvements to their content, websites design, external profiles, and limited link-building.
There was some movement in the rankings after about four weeks, and there continued to be movement after our engagement ended. We did no additional work after the initial three month engagement, but most of the movement took place after two to four months.
The Results After Our Work
- They are ranking on page one for the majority of their search terms. There isn’t a lot of room on page one for individual contractor websites — a lot of that real estate is Yelp, YP, Angi, HomeAdvisor, and BBB.
- Getting leads from more affluent cities in the metro area, including their target cities.
- More profitable jobs signed, more work during 2020, quality reviews from new projects, revenue up.
- Tens of thousands of dollars in profit from jobs acquired from organic Google search in the first six months alone.
Below is a screenshot of their performance in Ahrefs, a popular SEO rank tracking tool. The blurred portions of the keywords are the specific cities and regions.
If You Want Results, We Can Help You Too
If you’re a contractor interested in local SEO, we can help you get qualified leads from organic Google search results. To contact us, click the link below.